On-Call Technical Assistance Team
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has created an On-Call Technical Assistance Team to provide
responsive, individualized guidance and support to State DOT, MPOs, resource and
regulatory agencies as they implement the Eco-Logical approach. This effort is in
support of the SHRP2 Solutions Implementation Plan for Implementing Eco-Logical
The Team can assist with organizational, technological, regulatory, or scientific
issues. Technical assistance with implementing the Eco-Logical approach, could include
such things as:
- Gaining general Eco-Logical implementation information
- Building collaboration and coordination within an agency
- Establishing connections and dialogue among agencies, including FHWA Division Offices,
Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), State Department of Transportations
(State DOTs), and Federal and State resource/regulatory agencies
- Building geospatial data based regional ecological and infrastructure development
- Developing crediting strategies
- Prioritizing ecological actions and conservation objectives
The Team is comprised of a set of experts from:
- Federal Highway Administration,
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE),
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS),
- U.S. DOT Volpe Center, and
- Eco-Logical Champions.
If you are interested in receiving assistance, you may use the
comment box below to request additional information. A representative from the On-Call
Technical Assistance team will follow up with you by email.
Please fill in the fields before submitting the form.
For questions or feedback on this subject, please contact Mike Ruth at 202-366-9509 or David Williams at 410-962-2482.
For general questions or web problems, please send feedback to the web administrator.