Awards — 2012
FHWA's 2012 Exemplary Human Environment Initiatives (EHEI) and Exemplary Ecosystem Initiatives (EEI) recognize 18 recipients.
The EEIs recognize exemplary ecosystem and habitat projects that are unique or highly unusual in their geographic scope; use cutting-edge science or technology; attain high levels of environmental standards; achieve high-quality results; and/or promote environmental interests that are particularly valuable or noteworthy. This year, four projects were selected as the 2012 EEIs. To view the 2012 EHEIs, please visit: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/ehei/awards/2012/.
Designation of FHWA Exemplary Human Environment Initiatives and Exemplary Ecosystem Initiatives for 2012
Exemplary Ecosystem Initiatives (EEI)
- Maryland — Intercounty Connector Project Wildlife Passage
- Maryland — Lizard Hill Wetland Creation
- New York — New York State Department of Transportation Route 3 Emergency Contract
- Oregon — Wildlife Passage Undercrossing Structures (US 97: Lava Butte - South Century Drive Project), South of Bend, Oregon
Joint EEI/Exemplary Human Environment Initiatives (EHEI)
- Oregon — The West Coast Electric Highway - Electric Vehicle Corridor Connectivity Charging Network
Questions and feedback should be directed to Deirdre Remley (email@example.com, 202-366-0524).