The Environmental Review Toolkit website serves as the one-stop-shop for topics related to the FHWA’s environmental program, including:
- Introductory information about the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) reviews of Federal-aid and Federal Lands highway projects,
- Technical information about applicable Federal environmental laws, Executive Orders, regulations, policy and guidance documents,
- Tools highlighting emerging technologies and innovations in the environmental analysis of highway projects,
- Information about various national initiatives to accelerate project delivery and environmental stewardship, and
- Point-of-contact information for subject matter experts in HEPE, the Resource Center, and the FHWA Division Offices.
Overall, the technical information and tools in the Environmental Review Toolkit website are intended to assist and accelerate the NEPA reviews of Federal-aid and Federal Lands highway projects throughout the United States.